[ogg-dev] Metadata

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Tue Jul 23 19:29:37 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Martin Leese
<martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:
> On 7/23/13, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 23 Jul 2013 15:17, "Martin Leese" <martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org>
>> wrote:
>>> Information about Metadata
>>> has been collected together in the Xiph Wiki
>>> at:
>>>     https://wiki.xiph.org/Metadata
>>
>> That page is a bit outdated. It has CMML in it which we don't use any more,
>> but lacks to talk about Kate.
>
> Page updated.  See what you think.

M3F is also not used anywhere and should be removed as a recommendation.

Also, I think we should try to create a mapping for WebVTT, probably
using the OggKate encapsulation functionality, in particular since the
encapsulation part of OggKate is now rather solid and there's lots of
library support.

If somebody has the time, that would be a nice project! Then you can
use WebVTT for encapsulating captions, subtitles, descriptions,
chapters and timed metadata into Ogg.

Cheers,
Silvia.