[ogg-dev] Problems seeking with liboggz

Milutin Jovanović jovanovic.milutin at gmail.com
Thu May 17 07:04:29 PDT 2012

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like normal variable bitrate stream
behaviour. With variable bit rate, you cannot calculate exact byte address
from time reference. So, in general you estimate and get close to time
reference requested. Whenever you need precise pocision, you should use
constant bit rate or a byte offset (instead of time/milliseconds).

FYI, in my apps, I use time to show progres to the user, but when I save a
bookmark or pause, I record exact sample offset, and restart from there.
So, time for UI, samples/bytes for hidden/underlying code.

Miki.