[ogg-dev] embeding xml to ogg

Oleksij Rempel bug-track at fisher-privat.net
Thu Jun 7 07:49:27 PDT 2012

On 07.06.2012 05:06, Martin Leese wrote:
> Oleksij Rempel <bug-track at fisher-privat.net>

>>> sources.
>>>
>>> To me, this looks like a job for three or more
>>> separate VorbisComments.  You might want to
>>> choose keys which typically are not used for
>>> other things.  For example, don't use DATE as
>>> this typically stores the date the track was
>>> recorded.
>
>> I do not like the idea of using separate VorbisComments, but i'll keep
>> this option open.
>
> Why not?  For the small set of metadata
> elements you describe below, to me this still
> looks like the way to go.
>
>> According to this documentation:
>> [1]
>> http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/xmp/sdk/XMPspecification.pdf
>>
>> we can use fallowing tags (page 39):
>> dc:creator
>> dc:date
>> dc:description
>> dc:identifier
>> dc:source
>> dc:subject
>> xmpBJ:JobRef
>
> Several different technologies are discussed,
> here.  You have previously mentioned XML
> and XMP.  However, all but one of the above
> elements are Dublin Core (DC).  DC can be
> expressed in many languages, including XML;
> visit:
> http://dublincore.org/documents/dc-ds-xml/
>
> I am now puzzled why you want to use XMP.
>
> There is no standard for expressing DC in
> Ogg, but it should be straightforward to define
> one.  However, DC has very limited structure,
> so such a standard would very likely use
> separate VorbisComments.

Ok,
you are right, using existing technology will save time :)

please correct me if i'm wrong:
1) datetime
in different sources i got different description. At the beginning i
thought the DATE tag can be used only with DATE=YYYY-MM-DD
According to this:
http://wiki.xiph.org/VorbisComment#Date_and_time
i can use: YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS+TS
is it correct?

2) keywords.
it is not the same as DESCRIPTION. What tag should i use for keywords?
In case of dc we usually use dc:subject.

3) DECRIPTIO - clear, no problem.

4) LOCATION, i would use computer guid and host name. Is it ok?
or is it "Tantalos resource ID"

5) we also need do some kind of booksmarks at record time.
it should know only the time where button "bookmark" was pressed.
is "Chapter Extension" correct way to do this? Is it possible to use
only one time "CHAPTER001=00:10:00.000"? Usually second time is unknown
any way.

--
Regards,
Oleksij