[ogg-dev] [liboggz] Don't flush pages just because we have no packets

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Tue Sep 20 17:32:28 PDT 2011

Conrad,
We had a user complaining this weekend on IRC that using
oggz_write_feed() followed by oggz_write() in a loop was producing Ogg
streams with one packet per page. I did some investigating, and it looks
like the liboggz write loop was triggering its "flush on end of stream"
behavior every time the packet queue ran dry, so I cooked up this simple
patch to fix it. It hasn't been tested extensively, and this isn't
really my code, but it appears to work. I'd appreciate it if you'd take
a look.