[ogg-dev] Using oggCat

yorn at gmx.net yorn at gmx.net
Tue Oct 19 22:34:34 PDT 2010

Hey Brian,

I have had received a lot of complains about the concatenation of audio streams and I therefor decided to be very strict with the audio handling (the resulting file should always and ever be of good quality). That is the reason why sometimes the audio is reencoded even if it would fit.

Are you and your friend using the same version of oggCat (as it was handeled less strict in the version before)? Technically the code is completely the same on both systems. The only difference might be between 32 to 64 systems.

-yorn

BTW: you can also use oggSilence to produce a duration of silence.