[ogg-dev] Fwd: Skeleton 4.0 draft, help with Dirac fields please!

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Mon May 31 20:12:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 12:56 PM, Monty Montgomery <monty at xiph.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 10:51 PM, Timothy B. Terriberry
> <tterribe at email.unc.edu> wrote:
>> Chris Pearce wrote:
>>>   Hi Guys & Gals,
>>>
>>> I need you guys to decide whether we want to include extra granulepos
>>> fields to Skeleton 4. Given the underwhelming discussion regarding this,
>>> I'm guessing the need and/or desire for these fields isn't really there.
>>
>> I haven't commented mostly because I don't know what Monty's plans for a
>> "grand unified granpos scheme" are. All of this is mostly in his head
>> right now, and he needs to be the one to provide feedback.
>
> I've been trying to write it down such that it is clear or not if I
> understand everything I need to (especially in the case of dirac).  Up
> to this point I haven't, thus my lack of delivery.

I don't think getting Ogg in shape for Dirac delivery is that much of
a priority right now to have Firefox blocked on it. I think Chris
Pearce should go ahead without these fields. There is always time for
another skeleton revision to integrate this with. I would rather do
this properly than rush it now.

Cheers,
Silvia.