[ogg-dev] Skeleton 4.0 draft, help with Dirac fields please!

Chris Pearce chris at pearce.org.nz
Sun May 9 16:28:58 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I've added a new page to the Xiph wiki, it's a draft of Skeleton 4.0:
http://wiki.xiph.org/Ogg_Skeleton_4

This is a merge of the old Skeleton 3 page, and my Ogg index spec. The
new stuff I've added to skeleton 4.0 is:

   1. "index" packets, containing keyframe indexes.
   2. PTS/DTS predelay field to "fisbone" packet.
   3. Granulepos radix field
   4. Specified that the message header fields "Role" and "Name" are now
      compulsory in Skeleton 4.0.
   5. Content offset and segment length added to "fishead" packet.

I'm a little hazy on the usage of PTS/DTS predelay field and the
granulepos radix field, I understand they're used for Dirac. Can someone
please clarify why they're needed?

Now's also a good time to suggest any other fields that should be added
to Skeleton 4...

Thanks,
Chris P.