[ogg-dev] Setup of discontinuous stream demux

Paul Nicholson vlf0308 at abelian.org
Thu Jun 3 01:45:21 PDT 2010

I am putting together an ogg mux/demux application
which uses two logical streams.  One is a vorbis stream,
the other is some application specific data.

This came together really quickly, following the ogg/vorbis
documentation it took only a few hours to get it up and running.

Just a small question...

My application stream is currently running as a continuous stream
but really I want it to be handled by ogg as discontinuous.

Documentation http://xiph.org/ogg/doc/ogg-multiplex.html
states
  "...codec is able to ascertain (and inform the Ogg layer)
   as to [continuous or discontinuous] after decoding the initial
   stream header."

Question is - how does my application stream decoder tell the
ogg demux to treat my stream as discontinuous?  Perhaps I've
missed something but I couldn't find a library function which
my decoder can call to do that.
--
Paul Nicholson
http://abelian.org/