[ogg-dev] Using vorbis-java to read an existing file?

Nick Burch ogg at gagravarr.org
Wed Feb 3 10:32:42 PST 2010

On Thu, 28 Jan 2010, Nick Burch wrote:
> Assuming so, I'm trying to decide if it's likely to be better to port
> the missing read parts from C to Java, or start again with something
> with a more "Java like" api. Having read rfc 3533, I don't think doing a
> read-only ogg layer api using Java conventions should be too hard to
> implement....

I've decided to go for the "write something java-like from scratch"
option. I've done an ogg layer (with unit tests!) that's able to read,
write, and round-trip without change existing files. The vorbis layer is
almost there for info/header/setup in read/write, but there's no encoding
or decoding of the audio data.

Would there be any interest in hosting this alongside the current
(definately write-only) java library?

Nick