[ogg-dev] trouble building XiphQT

Arek Korbik arkadini at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 02:07:42 PDT 2010

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 10:28 PM, G S <stokestack at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Maybe there's a document about the build procedure that I overlooked;
> if so, please let me know.  Meanwhile, I'm having trouble getting this
> thing to build.

Here are the steps I just took to build XiphQT (on an up-to-date OS X
10.6.4, with Xcode 3.1.2 and Base SDK for 10.4 installed):

 * got a fresh checkout of the XiphQT source (svn co
https://svn.xiph.org/trunk/xiph-qt xiph-qt--fresh)
 * downloaded flac-1.2.1.tar.gz and unpacked it in external-libs, then
renamed the "flac-1.2.1" directory to "flac"
 * opened XiphQT.xcodeproj from the build-macosx directory
 * when Xcode finished loading the project I hit the "Build" / hammer icon
 * after some short time and a bunch of compiler warnings the
components were successfully built

10.4 base SDK is the minimum required SDK - the components are
supposed to work on a 10.4. I guess it should build with newer SKDs
but I had no need to try that.

I see there's Xcode 4 now, but haven't tried that either.

Hope that helps,
Arek