[ogg-dev] Fixing ogg vorbis corruption caused by bad metadata

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Tue Jun 30 07:55:38 PDT 2009

Monty Montgomery wrote, on 6/25/2009 2:16 PM:
>> Is there any way to understand exactly how it is invalid? I can replicate
>> this corruption simply by adding large album art to any ogg file with the
>> latest release of MediaMonkey.
> The second page is corrupt.  The basic structure looks correct, first
> guess would be bad checksum.  I'll look more closely in just a bit.
> This might explain why some players might accept it--- if they're
> ignoring checksumming and error detection.

I've noticed that I may have different varieties of corruption. For
example, this file doesn't have the oversized embedded album art:

http://adam.rosi-kessel.org/bugs/liboggz/484/other_corruption.ogg

Yet also won't play or process properly with oggz or hogg tools. Any
ideas whether this is the same or different root cause? (In all of these
cases, I'm reasonably certain that disk corruption is not an issue).

Adam