[ogg-dev] Fixing ogg vorbis corruption caused by bad metadata
adam at rosi-kessel.org
Fri Jun 19 12:56:52 PDT 2009
Conrad Parker wrote, on 6/18/2009 3:15 PM:
> Hopefully at some point the vorbis data in the file becomes valid.
> Perhaps we just need to know the original encoding settings to create
> a new file with valid codebooks and splice them together: oggz-dump -r
> should be ok for that, just take the first 3 packets of the new file,
> and packets 17 onwards (or 100 onwards) of the original file ...
I've been able to replicate the corruption reliably now. It appears to
be caused by the metadata tagger trying to embed too-large album art. I
have a "before and after" ogg that should only be different by the
metadata album art tagging. I tried swapping in the "before" header into
the "after" file, but still couldn't play the fixed "after" file.
I've put hex dumps here:
Does this shed any light on exactly what the corruption is and/or how to
More information about the ogg-dev