[ogg-dev] Removing metadata segmentation

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 15 12:15:43 PDT 2009

> What I'm after is basically the conversion of a live stream to a
> seekable stream.  The metadata is known and a wipe and reset is
> possible, but is it possible to wipe metadata segements across the whole
> file without re-encoding?

Ah right, if you're OK with the metadata being wiped, then it should be
possible to collapse the audio in a single stream without having to decode
and reencode (I assume all the logical streams in the original have the
same parameters - channels, sample rate, etc). There's no tool to do
this, however, and there might be little pops at the boundaries, as
Vorbis has a couple packets' preroll, but I think it's theoretically possible.
Now, I don't have a practical solution :)