[ogg-dev] Ogg Skeleton

Silvia Pfeiffer silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de
Mon Jun 8 06:25:52 PDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Ralph Giles<giles at xiph.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 4:30 AM, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
> <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> It holds the granulerate, so it'd allow this for those codecs that use the
>> granule shift way of encoding their granules (except for those pages
>> where no packet ends, as these will have no granpos set).
>
> BTW, we need to add another field out of the remaining reserved bits
> to accommodate reordering codecs like dirac.

Conrad and I were discussing Dirac a while back and how to get support
into skeleton. I was under the impression he had managed it without
any new fields. However, I cannot even find Dirac in oggz
http://git.xiph.org/?p=liboggz.git;a=blob;f=src/liboggz/oggz_auto.h;h=dd0e0d7e07affeca3d61dffb3c8b0338cd45dc9b;hb=master
.

Can we start discussing this in a separate thread? Can you make a
proposal? We can also get Anu's help in if we need it.

Cheers,
Silvia.