[ogg-dev] What is OggPCM

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Sun Jun 7 14:31:58 PDT 2009

Silvia Pfeiffer <silvia at silvia-pfeiffer.de> wrote:

> I think oggcodecs has an implementation (the windows DS filters). But
> I don't think anyone bothered to implement it generally. Feel free to
> go ahead.

I e-mailed the current maintainer, Cristian
Adam, and he said he thought the code for
OggPCM was under:
    ...\src\lib\codecs\RawAudio\

but that it was not compiled or distributed in
binaries.

However, when I looked in the source code file:
    oggcodecs_0.81.15562-src.7z

the code under RawAudio doesn't look to me
as though it is handling OggPCM.  But, I do
not pretend to understand what the code is
doing.

I also tried e-mailing the original developer,
Zentaro Kavanagh, without result.  It is
possible I used an out-of-date e-mail address.

As you suggest, there is nothing to stop Vince
implementing it himself.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org