[ogg-dev] Ogg encoding longer than 203 minutes?

Durand durand1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 18:54:05 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to record something for about 24 hours but oggenc tells me that I have 203m remaining.

Quote:

durand at Deuterium ~> arecord -f cd -t wav | oggenc -b 192 -o file.ogg -
Recording WAVE 'stdin' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 44100 Hz, Stereo
Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
Encoding standard input to
          "file.ogg"
at approximate bitrate 192 kbps (VBR encoding enabled)
	[  0.1%] [203m23s remaining]

Is there a reason for this? It's not a storage limitation because I have plenty of space. Finally, is there a way that I can bypass this limit?

Thanks!