[ogg-dev] Skipping of sample in ogg writing

charan charan.dsouza at creativegenius.co.in
Fri Dec 11 20:23:10 PST 2009

Hi All,
I m having a strange problem with the Ogg-Vorbis writting code. The code
I m using to write is skipping some samples at the end of the file. For
example I m converting the 10000 sample .wav file ( 441000 sample rate ,
16 bit depth , stereo  ) to ogg format. But while reading the ogg file I
only find 5824 samples in the ogg file. Can any one suggest what could
be wrong in the code. Is there anything like bug in ogg itself or am I
missing something critical step.

Here is the code for writing the ogg file.

 //==============================================================================

    bool write (const int** samplesToWrite, int numSamples)
    {
        if (numSamples > 0)
        {
              float** const vorbisBuffer = vorbis_analysis_buffer (&vd,
numSamples);
                for (int i = numChannels; --i >= 0;)

            {

                float* const dst = vorbisBuffer[i];

                const int* const src = samplesToWrite [i];

                if (src != 0 && dst != 0)

                {

                    for (int j = 0; j < numSamples; ++j)

                        dst[j] = (float) src[j];

                }

            }

        }

        vorbis_analysis_wrote (&vd, numSamples);

        while (vorbis_analysis_blockout (&vd, &vb) == 1)

        {

            vorbis_analysis (&vb, 0);

            vorbis_bitrate_addblock (&vb);

            while (vorbis_bitrate_flushpacket (&vd, &op))

            {

                ogg_stream_packetin (&os, &op);

                for (;;)

                {