[ogg-dev] Album art - requirements

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 12:52:12 PDT 2008

I have more than once said I'm in favor of the vorbiscomment solution.
 It's ugly, it will break this and that one other player, but these
people want the feature that bad so they won't mind about any of those
issues.  Plus it means little or no work for a feature the people who
actually do code care little about, and it certainly helps that
there's already at least one implementation out there.

So, my solution:
 * state COVERART is used to contain base64 JPEG
 * state it may break some limited players
 * let those users who want the feature be happy with it and not lose
them; they won't mind stripping off the tag for the few cases that
will require it and they will stop the constant complaining about "OGG
SUCKS IT DON'T DO ALMBUART"

For Mathias: you want a combination of stuff that is presently not
available in Ogg and will certainly take a good long while until
there's libraries and software to do PDF+SVG encapsulation and proper
playback.  Just go with a standalone PDF for now, that would be my
recommendation.

-Ivo