[ogg-dev] Album art - requirements

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 14:10:22 PDT 2008

I think we have to discuss a fundamental question about coverart first:
is coverart a header-type content or a time-aligned type content?

It was my impression that it is mostly header-type content, i.e.
concerns the full file rather than segments of it.

Therefore, embedding it into any of the time-aligned streams (Kate,
CMML, OggMNG) doesn't make much sense to me.
It should be in a header.

As headers go, we have vorbiscomment and we have skeleton.
If the coverart goes anywhere, that's where it should go IMHO.

Vorbiscomment is generally used for metadata type header information.
Skeleton doesn't really have a space for including this kind of
information and would need to be extended.

Since we already seem to have a working solution inside vorbiscomment,
why not just use that?

Regards,
Silvia.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:02 AM, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com