[ogg-dev] [Schrodinger-devel] ogg dirac granulepos in oggz tools

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 18:17:50 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Ralph Giles <ralph.giles at artifex.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Plus, the W3C is currently
>> investigating a new ontology for video/audio metadata. This may be a
>> good extension for vorbiscomment once finished.
>
> Ooh, can you say anything about it? Are there any documents up yet?
> I've been waiting for something better than rdf xml for a looong time.
> :)

RDF has a very different purpose. After having been at the W3C
meeting, I am actually starting to understand the Semantic Web. It's
merely like a database of information that is available for everybody
to add to and to take information out of. ;-)

As for video metadata, there is the W3C media annotations working
group http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/ . Likely, it will
develop a "structure" of standard metadata fields for audio & video.
This may be structured. It may have an RDF XML representation, but
certainly not the only one. What I am most interested in are the
fields that will be defined. Currently, Adobe's new XML
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp/ is under investigation as a means to
provide a basic set of fields.

Cheers,
Silvia.