[ogg-dev] video chapters and subtitles in ogg containers

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 14 01:48:46 PST 2008

Hi,

(odd, I did get this reply for Silvia, but not the original post)

> There is CMML and kate support in vlc, and kate in mplayer though I am
> not sure how it is displayed on-screen. Subtitles may display, but
> chapter markers, I am not so sure about.

Would you mind expanding on what chapters are, and what you'd expect
to be able to do with them ?

> There is an old python script for cmml at
> http://svn.annodex.net/scripts/trunk/subtitles/script-subrip2cmml.py .
> I'm not sure something like this exists for kate.
> But it should not be too hard to write one.

kateenc (a tool bundled with libkate) can convert a srt file to a Kate stream,
which can then be multiplexed along with a Theora video (and other Kate,
Vorbis, etc streams).