[ogg-dev] [Schrodinger-devel] ogg dirac granulepos in oggz tools

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Nov 13 14:59:58 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:04 AM, David Schleef <ds at schleef.org> wrote:

>> Are the reported granulepos of the packetno 2 and 3 correct? The dt
>> value looks large.
>
> Those should be -4 and -2, repsectively.  Otherwise, those numbers
> appear correct.

Conrad, I'd guess the oggz-validate test is wrong then. It's not that
granulepos must be numerically non-decreasing, but that they must map
to a a non-decreasing timestamp. Testing the actual field value is not
technically correct, even it the dirac mapping turns out to maintain
that for some choice of signedness.

 -r