[ogg-dev] How to fix broken ogg/theora files

Oliver Frommel ofrommel at linuxnewmedia.de
Thu Nov 13 06:24:56 PST 2008

>> Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately it did not help completely.
>> When we edit the original file with oggCut and then use oggz-validate we
>> get an error message like the one posted before. Now oggz-sort will fix
>> the file so oggz-validate doesn't find any errors. However ffmpeg still
>> produces and error with it:
>>
>> ffmpeg -i rlang.ogg -ab 56 -ar 22050 -acodec libmp3lame  rlang.flv

>> This is the same error we had before fixing the file with oggz-sort
>> Any other suggestions?
>
> that's very interesting, can you please post a URL to the files?

Thanks for your help. My colleague has kindly provided the file in
several stages of production. You can find them all here:

http://streaming.linux-magazin.de/~oliver/test/

The file that got corrupted by oggCut and we tried to fix with oggz-sort
is called "edited_with_oggcut_and_fixed_with_oggz-sort.ogg"

Best
Oliver