[ogg-dev] How Ogg mappings translate into the codecs parameter in Ogg media types

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Wed May 28 02:51:49 PDT 2008

>> FLAC and CMML for example have version fields.
>
> How many other "in-house" codecs have one?  This may be worth knowing.

ogginfo should tell you. With -v, I get "Version: 0" for Vorbis streams.
For Theora, I get 3.2.0.

Which reminds me I've put a comment in liboggz's Theora BOS packet decoder
where there's a possible off-by-one that needs someone with knowledge of the
bitstream changes to ensure correct decoding. If anyone wants to have a go,
look in oggz_auto.c, grep for 42.

FWIW, though not in-house, Kate also has a version field.