[ogg-dev] How Ogg mappings translate into the codecs parameter in Ogg media types

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sat May 24 21:30:32 PDT 2008

We have been asked to make a consistent table that explains at which
location in the stream we can find the correct string.
We will need to document all the bytes in use and maybe mark some with
a * where we don't care what's in it.
We should also by doing this prescribe to new codec mapping creators
how to best go about it.

I suggest we create a wiki page and put it all in there. Then we can
put the current version of the table into the RFC and refer to the
wiki page for the current updated version of the table.

Cheers,
Silvia.