[ogg-dev] How Ogg mappings translate into the codecs parameter in Ogg media types

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 12 08:51:29 PDT 2008

>> Also, it would be good if we can keep
>> our magic numbers to the first 8 bytes.
>
> So Kate and Yuv4mpeg both need to be trimmed.

After thinking about it, if deemed to be helpful, I can switch
the signature to "\x80kate\0\0\0" and mandate a reserved
0 byte field following it. The actual bitstream format would
not change, only the interpretation of the magic.

I'd then do a similar hack in other headers, which also have
the magic (with a different packet type byte).