[ogg-dev] oggz fixes for macos

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Jul 31 11:24:53 PDT 2008

On 31-Jul-08, at 9:43 AM, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com wrote:

> though (don't know if they're related to your changes):
>
> oggz.c: In function 'oggz_content_type':
> oggz.c:623: warning: comparison of unsigned expression < 0 is
> always false

This is an array bounds guard. I guess it's defensive programming vs
warning. Making OggzStreamContent a (signed) int is probably the
safest, but I don't know the rules for enums.

> oggz-chop.c: In function 'read_plain':
> oggz-chop.c:562: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ogg_page_granulepos'
> discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> oggz-chop.c:563: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ogg_page_granulepos'
> discards qualifiers from pointer target type
> oggz-chop.c: In function 'read_gs':
> oggz-chop.c:620: warning: passing argument 1 of 'ogg_page_continued'
> discards qualifiers from pointer target type

These are fixed in libogg svn r14463. Guess we should do a release!

> oggz-known-codecs.c: In function 'main':
> oggz-known-codecs.c:105: warning: assignment discards qualifiers
> from pointer target type

The content_types array should be declared 'const char *' here.

> oggz-known-codecs.c:111: warning: passing argument 4 of 'qsort'
> from incompatible pointer type

This is because qsort's compare function should take two 'const void
*' arguments, but what's really being passed are 'char **'.

These are all innocent, so I'll leave them to kfish to resolve as he
likes.

  -r