[ogg-dev] XiphQT OggImport component on OS X link error

Jeffrey Wilson jeffrey-wilson at cinci.rr.com
Thu Jan 17 03:24:41 PST 2008

On Jan 16, 2008, at 5:38 PM, Arek Korbik wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Jan 11, 2008 8:29 PM, Jeffrey Wilson <jeffrey-
> wilson at cinci.rr.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to build the OggImport component using Xcode 3.0.
>> Since I am a
>> fan of frameworks, I have the XIPHQT_USE_FRAMEWORKS define set.
>> Anyhow, I
>> am getting a link error as listed below.

>> Undefined symbols:
>>  "__store_sample_reference", referenced from:
>>      _process_stream_page__vorbis in stream_vorbis.o
>>      _process_stream_page__speex in stream_speex.o
>>      _process_stream_page__flac in stream_flac.o
>>      _process_stream_page__theora in stream_theora.o
>>      _process_stream_page__theora in stream_theora.o
>>  "__commit_srefs", referenced from:
>>      _process_stream_page__vorbis in stream_vorbis.o
>>      _flush_stream__vorbis in stream_vorbis.o
>>      _process_stream_page__speex in stream_speex.o
>>      _flush_stream__speex in stream_speex.o
>>      _process_stream_page__flac in stream_flac.o
>>      _flush_stream__flac in stream_flac.o
>>      _process_stream_page__theora in stream_theora.o
>>      _flush_stream__theora in stream_theora.o
>> ld: symbol(s) not found
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> Yes, I'm afraid the configuration for the framework build is pretty
> seriously out-of-date. The statically linked builds should be fine,
> though - check them to find out what files are omitted during
> compilation and linking stages of the framework build.
>
> Arek

Thanks for the reply (and sorry about hijacking that other thread).

Actually, samplerefs.c/h (which is where store_sample_reference and
commit_srefs live) were just not included in the Xcode project.  I
feel a little stupid for not noticing this sooner.  I added the files
to the project, and it built just fine.

Cheers,

Jeff