[ogg-dev] OggPCM: support for little-endianness only?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:11:23 PST 2008

On 1/2/08, Sampo Syreeni <decoy at iki.fi> wrote:
> > Really it's pretty trivial and hardly taxing on the processor either.
> > As far as I can tell the OggPCM standard was designed to provide a way
> > to wrap and describe arbitrary PCM data[1].  If you prefer to
> > distribute it in little endian all well and good.
>
> My thoughts exactly.

Alright, let's wrap up this one issue.

> On a related note, comments on the reworked channel mapping headers
> would be appreciated. I think they're finally in workable shape.

That would be my next message.

Sampo and Martin have been working on the channel mapping headers for
the past few months, and studying their approach to decide if it's the
better one is a good idea.  I think we all want OggPCM to finally
leave the draft stage.

-Ivo