[ogg-dev] OggPCM: support for little-endianness only?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+xiph at mega-nerd.com
Wed Feb 13 02:19:53 PST 2008

Jean-Marc Valin wrote:

> I'd be quite interested if you could provide a benchmark that really
> shows by swapping to make a difference.

Yes, I agree that the speed difference between the swapping and the
no-swapping case is negligible, but I'm talking about CPU cycles.

With libsndfile people do stream 10, 20 or more channels of audio
off disk at once, with soft realtime requirements. In situations
like this, avoiding the CPU cycles of end swapping is probably a
good idea.

Erik