[ogg-dev] Ogg/Kate preliminary documentation

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 11 05:29:02 PST 2008

> In actual fact, you do not have to fill your logical bitstream with data,
> even if you prepare for it by sending a bos packet. So, when live streaming,
> we would normally know beforehand what resources we are sending - which sets
> up the different logical bitstreams. Then, as we get to the, we can put them
> in the stream. I don't really see a problem with this approach.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here - are you saying that you can
start off as many streams as you want (via a bos packet at chain start), and
then allocate them as you need them (in essence keeping a large pool of
available streams and reusing them, hoping you don't need more than the
pool size) ?
If so, then it is certainly possible, but if not, can you please elaborate ?