[ogg-dev] Ogg/Kate preliminary documentation

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Fri Feb 8 03:24:11 PST 2008

On 08/02/2008, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com <ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com> wrote:

> This is a very good point, and the real point of Annodex, if I'm not mistaken
> (addressability of audio/video content) ? Kate does not attempt to deal with
> this, it's totally outside its scope. I understand that CMML does this for non
> CMML streams anyway (eg, Theora) ?

not CMML, but the algorithm for remuxing from time offsets, which is
specified in the annodex Internet-Draft. This basically describes how
to reconstruct a bitstream to represent a given time offset, including
any necessary headers, keyframes and preroll. The parameters for these
are given in the skeleton headers.

Conrad.