[ogg-dev] HOgg Release 0.4.1

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Mon Dec 22 23:26:21 PST 2008

Here's some instructions for installing hogg on a current Ubuntu 8.10
(or Debian unstable? testing?) system, ie. if you don't already have
haskell's cabal system installed:

$ sudo apt-get install ghc6
$ wget http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/cabal-install/0.6.0/cabal-install-0.6.0.tar.gz
$ tar zxf cabal-install-0.6.0.tar.gz
$ cd cabal-install-0.6.0
$ ./bootstrap.sh
$ cabal update
$ cabal install hogg

This is from memory; please correct if any extra/fewer steps are needed :-)

Conrad.