[ogg-dev] Christmas tree

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at email.unc.edu
Sat Dec 20 11:45:51 PST 2008

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com wrote:
> Ah, and I couldn't understand what derf says about wikipedia in
> there, so that part of the transcript is left blank, if anyone can tell
> me what the sentence is, I'll update it :)

I said:

So, just picking up where I left off... Our primary users are live
streaming and web video, so the video for this conference will all be
availble in Ogg Theora. We're also the primary media format used on
websites such as Wikipedia, the 9th largest website in the world, and
Metavid, and a few others. Um, you can... currently in order to deliver
Theora in the browser you have to use Cortado, this Java plugin, various
other plugins, like vlc, Xine, Quicktime, etc., or a new script that we
developed called mv_embed which tries to manage all of these and figure
out which one the user has installed already, automatically. And
hopefully we soon plan to get native Firefox and Opera support which
will make this situation much, much easier as long as you're running a
decent browser.