[ogg-dev] liboggplay and overlay video

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 20 09:45:59 PDT 2008

> fancy with unions, but since RGB/RGBA is generally chunked and YUV is
> generally planar, having two separate types makes more sense. There's

OK

> typedef struct {
>   unsigned char *data; /* may be RGB or RGBA */
>   unsigned char *mask; /* may be NULL if RGBA */
> } OggPlayVideoRGBData;

That's what I have at the moment - two types and something like
the above, except that :

typedef struct {
  unsigned char *rgb; /* may be NULL if alpha */
  unsigned char *rgba; /* may be NULL if no alpha */
} OggPlayOverlayData;

(I think it's probably faster to keep RGBA in one plane, so memcpy
works if needed, etc, though no hard numbers to back it up).

If I go this way, I think the question of whether the API is supposed
to be not changed is moot, so it's all good.

Cheers