[ogg-dev] final changes to mimetypes rfc

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Mon Aug 18 09:24:10 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 5:31 AM, the discussion surrounded:

I would leave it unspecified. It seems unlikely to me that any
follow-up audio codec would end up being called Vorbis II.

I suppose we could poll Monty for intent, but the media-type doesn't
distinguish, so we'd in effect just make 'Vorbis II' naming contingent
on compatibilty with the spec. I.e. having the same magic and version
field location.

 -r