[ogg-dev] Ogg/Spots and Ogg/MNG

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 10:03:01 PDT 2008

On 4/11/08, Kyungjun Lee <kjoonlee at gmail.com> wrote:
> if this is a stupid question:

It's not.

> Would supporting APNG instead be any easier?

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but... no, it wouldn't.  Yes,
APNG is a much better project for animated PNGs in the web, but here's
why it's not the better solution in this case:

* There's no libapng that I know of, forcing libkate to include code
to work with APNG, or worse, force the developer to go and code a
whole libapng.  Neither is a good solution.

* It is my understanding that MNG is much easier to script for than
APNG, and on a subtitles case such as this one, scripting is of vital
importance.

-Ivo