[ogg-dev] Peer review draft for the new media types/file extensions

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 04:47:38 PDT 2007

On 9/20/07, xiphmont at xiph.org <xiphmont at xiph.org> wrote:
> That's not quite true; Ogg is intended as a linear-streamable format
> for guaranteed-delivery (eg TCP) links as well as storing 'frozen
> streams' in files.  Ogg *is* intended for typical TCP unicast
> delivery, eg using HTTP push.  You are correct to note it is not
> intended for multicast, low-latency/realtime, UTP, etc.

Then, I do not understand why you are pointing this.  I do say it's
for files, HTTP; etc, while saying it's not for UDP, real-time
transfer, etc.

Maybe it's because I worded that one paragraph not that well and said
it's only for files.  Hmm, yes, now that I re-read it's contradicting
what's stated shortly after.

On 9/20/07, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to give this a good look at the weekend. Don't send it out
> before I've given you feedback.

I do not intend to.

-Ivo