[ogg-dev] The use for an XML based metadata format

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 23:53:03 PDT 2007

Ivo,

Let's not start finger-pointing, since that's not constructive.
I do think we have gotten further than what you are describing.

Skeleton, CMML and Vorbiscomment are not sufficient for some people -
in particular when there is a more complex piece of metadata to be
communicted, e.g. from an archive that stores a lot more information
than just name-value pairs.

But I agree: the space is complex and creating a good, generic
description scheme for e.g. music alone is hard enough, not to speak
of the complexity of a generic, but structured annotation scheme for
audio and video.

I think we are focusing now on particular aspects of the problem and
that is a lot more constructive. E.g. adding an ID to skeleton is a
good thing. Creating a automatically parsable scheme that describes
relationships between logical bitstreams is also a good thing.

If you have constructive contributions, go ahead - else, just watch.

Cheers,
Silvia.