[ogg-dev] Feedback on XML metadata namespace

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Wed Sep 12 10:26:14 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 12. September 2007 06:51:50 Conrad Parker wrote:
> I've started a wiki page to collect ideas and discuss this:
>
> http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/VorbisComment

I updated the page with constructive proposals and structure.

See the new RIGHTS field name; dropping LICENSE and COPYRIGHT) for instance.

By the way, here is a proposal I did not add on the page. I would like to
discuss it here first. What's up with the naming for these formats
anyways!? Vorbis is a codec. FLAC is a codec. Both used Vorbis comments. Is
that not a little confusing? One could assume Vorbis comments were
something related to the Vorbis codec only. It should be called.... Media
Comments. Or something. (Again, I am just as terrible with naming.)

(See. I am not all ‘let's kill Vorbis comments and make something new and
shiny!’ Well, maybe I am.)
--
Daniel Aleksandersen