[ogg-dev] Feedback on XML metadata namespace

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Sat Sep 8 10:42:11 PDT 2007

On Saturday 08. September 2007 19:11:54 Carsten Haese wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 17:08 +0200, Daniel Aleksandersen wrote:
> > I feel that these ‘Vorbis comments’ are not sufficient. There is not
> > even a standard for their field names.
>
> Actually, there is: http://xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html

No standard. But ‘Below is a proposed, minimal list of standard field names
with a description of intended use.’ There is a difference between
something that is proposed and a standard.

Anyhow, some audio manager software uses Author, some uses Artist, and many
use Creator. It just leaves a mess.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen