tool to add skeleton (was Re: [Vorbis-dev] Re: [ogg-dev] Peer review draft for the new)

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 20:29:17 PDT 2007

Hi Ivo, Monty, all,

I've reviewed the I-D and committed my changes to svn.

You might wonder about the number of changes that I made. There are a
lot of changes that streamline the wording to make it more concise.
There aren't any real big changes otherwise.

I've also added Monty and myself as co-authors, which I have not
discussed with Monty yet. However, I would really like to have Monty
on the authors list to give the document official Xiph support. Monty
- are you ok with that?

I've also added a section explaining the selection of MIME types -
analogous to how the MPEG-4 guys wrote their rfc4337.

I've also deleted the part about DRM since it has nothing to do with
the MIME types.

I've also made sure to include into the normative references section
only such documents which are actually ratified standards. Nothing
else is supposed to be in that section.

Which brings me to my most important observation: we will need to
write an Internet-Draft on Skeleton and submit it together with this
RFC because this one won't get ratified without a normative Skeleton
reference. This does not inhibit us from submitting this I-D to IETF
right now so we can get started on discussions. However, I will need
to sit down and cut out the Skeleton part from the Annodex RFC real
soon now. Promised!

So - overall: feel free to go ahead and reformat the document to be in
XML and prepare for submission. :-)

Cheers,
Silvia.