AW: AW: [ogg-dev] packets and OGG pages

Mathias Kunter mathiaskunter at yahoo.de
Wed Mar 14 12:17:43 PDT 2007

>Searching for 'vorbis' to find the packet boundary is wrong however.
>The lacing values in the Ogg page header tells you exactly where the
>division is.

OK, so given the fact that a page can also contain multiple packets this
means that the lacing values of one page could be like the following example:

255
255
189  (something less than 255, indicating that a new packet starts now)
255
255
255
[end of lacing values list]

the second packet in this example is continued in the next ogg page because
the end of this page has been reached before the packet finished.

Is this schema correct? If yes, it's clear to me how it should work to rewrite
the vorbis comments. I'm going to implement and test this and I'll post to this
mailing list when I've got a working .NET library.

Cheers,
Mathias