[ogg-dev] Multimedia Metadata Format (M3F) draft

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Mon Dec 3 16:02:00 PST 2007

Hi ogg-dev list,

I have improved the format formally known as Media Description and
Metadata (MDMF) for the Ogg Container Format.

Please have a look at the M3F page in the wiki http://wiki.xiph.org/M3F

The format have been simplified and designed primarily with audio and
movie recordings in mind. The old version focused on providing separate
tools for each media type, were the new version treats every media type
as a media resources.

I welcome all feedback!

The two sections that really need work is the related texts and
performers. I do not know if lyrics and subtitles (text resources) needs
to be described in any way. The performers section is basically finished
but needs work on the role and as attributes.

Take special note of the self regulated audience element. I do need
feedback on this. It is intended to be used by file sharing clients and
search engines to filter content. It is also intended for parental
control. The element and it's attribute is based on the great work done
by ICRA.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen