[ogg-dev] Re: [theora-dev] Re: [Advocacy] Re: [Vorbis-dev] Proposal: An extension to rules all others

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:32:39 PDT 2007

On 4/23/07, Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:
> .ogg is already supported for Ogg Vorbis on existing consumer
> hardware. That should stay.

I understand this and appreciate the problem created through this
history. However, .ogg is also being used for Theora files right now.
And it is the generic container format.

If we suggested using ".ogg" fo Ogg Vorbis files, then what should we
use for generic Ogg files which could contain anything?

I also assume we would deprecate use of ".ogg" for Theora files and
suggest ".ogv" instead?

Silvia.