[ogg-dev] Re: [theora-dev] Re: [Advocacy] Re: [Vorbis-dev] Proposal: An extension to rules all others

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Mon Apr 23 02:13:51 PDT 2007

My 3 cents:

.ogg is already supported for Ogg Vorbis on existing consumer
hardware. That should stay.

.spx has been supported for Ogg Speex in the speex release for many
years. It's straightforward and should stay.

.ogv makes sense to distinguish Ogg Theora.

I suggest an Ogg AV profile specifying that an "Ogg Theora" file can
contain audio in any one of Speex, Vorbis or Flac format, to be useful
for conference recordings, movies, and music video respectively.

cheers,

Conrad.