[ogg-dev] Appending at the end of the file

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 04:30:08 PDT 2006

On 23/10/06, Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 07:15:56AM -0700, Ralph Giles wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 22, 2006 at 02:49:07AM +0200, A.David David wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all, I am trying to append some image to my ogg file
> > > but it results to corruption of the file, as there is no real way of
> > > including images
> > > in the OGG, I just tried to append the image at the end.
> >
> > Yes, that will look like corruption to any reader.
> >
> > The spec-compliant way to do this is to put the image in a separate ogg
> > stream and multiplex it with the audio. See http://wiki.xiph.org/OggMNG
> > for how to do this with PNG and jpeg images. Unfortunately, vorbisfile
> > based audio player won't play such files. This is a limitation of
> > libvorbis.
>
> Tahseen Mohammad recently worked on a version of libvorbisfile which
> could handle such files; that branch is at:
>
>   http://svn.xiph.org/branches/vorbis-tahseen/
>
> it would be good to see if we can work towards that work being merged
> into the libvorbis trunk. The first step is to have some more people
> trying it out in their applications and giving feedback :-)

I'll have a look at building the xmms plugin or something with it, but may
not have time this week and am away the next.  Will it handle chained
muxed streams?

As for merging, it's been pointed out a couple of times now that
there are a lot of patches waiting to go in.  It just doesn't seem to
happen.

--
imalone