[ogg-dev] Re: Souffleur subtittle editor (SoC). Need Help with GStreamer

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Jun 22 10:06:53 PDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 10:04:58PM +0300, Daraku wrote:

> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/index.html
> But it's steel hard for me to understand (or maybe I something missed)
> how it work. :(

How's this coming? Was Mike's response helpful?

I'm going on vacation for the next couple of days, and all the gstreamer
people are occupied with Guadec, so if you're stuck it might be worth
hacking around the issue by just using an external subtitle file you
read and write yourself. Now that you're done with exams it would be
nice to get a working mock-up before the google evaluations are due at
the end of June. You can rework it to use gstreamer properly later.

That just leaves getting playback and scrubbing working. You might look
at Andy Wingo's theora clip trimmer for an example of that:

  http://webcvs.freedesktop.org//gstreamer/gst-python/examples/remuxer.py

There's also thoggen, but I don't think that's been ported to gstreamer
0.10, which is definitely what you should be using.

  http://thoggen.net/svn/

Hope that helps, and looking forward to seeing souffleur play video!

 -r