[ogg-dev] Re: [Vorbis-dev] Please remove the debian/ subdirectory in several Xiph.org projects

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Thu Jan 19 15:40:39 PST 2006

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 11:09:17PM +0100, Adeodato Simó wrote:

>   I've recently started to take care of some Xiph.org packages in Debian
>   (namely, ao, ogg, vorbis and theora), and I have noticed that a debian/
>   subdir exists both in svn and in the released tarballs. I'd like to
>   ask that these are removed.

Hi, it's great to have a more active maintainer for our packages.

Since many of us are debian users, I'd really prefer to keep
(maintained) packaging information in our upstream distribution
so those building from our source can easily make an installable
package if they wish.

I'd be happy to give you write access, or commit patches upon
request. Especially if you're available enough to coordinate
the Debian packaging for new releases.

In the meantime, I'm removing the debian directories from the
distribution tarballs, but leaving them in out svn.

 -r