[ogg-dev] Win64 problems

Tuomo Latto djv at mbnet.fi
Tue Feb 14 10:15:58 PST 2006

Ron wrote:
> I am having problems with my program decoding .ogg files on
> the Win64 platform and am wondering if this is a known issue or not.

Well, I obviously do not have your program, but FWIW I don't have
problems on 64-bit Windows XP with Foobar 2000. It quite happily
decodes Oggs (Vorbis).
Or what do you mean with Win64?

I admit I haven't tried compiling Ogg or Vorbis for awhile.

> I have tried using the prebuilt .dll's, the static .lib's and
> building from source (1.1.3) and I get the same results.
>  My program is being compiled on a win32 platform, but the
> decoder fails if I run it on a win64 system.

* Check that everything is compiled either as 32-bit or 64-bit
   - mixing them is not allowed AFAIK.
* Compile everything with the same compiler version so that there
  are no obscure ABI format changes.
* Try without optimizations.

I wonder if there are inconsistencies with libogg vs. libvorbis
vs. vorbistools. I remember them at least one time using basic types
instead of ogg_* types (or int32_t, etc).
Of course that shouldn't affect binaries compiled with same
options, but mixed up types might produce funny results.

--
Tuomo

... If at first you don't succeed, put it out for beta test